Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Who can run against Baca in 2008?


Some so-called "Democrats" are a real embarassment to those of us who are proud progressives. We should find someone to take him out next year.

According to this report on the Politico Blog, our Congressman to the Right-of-the-818, in both geography and ideology, let a bit of his misogynistic side show in a meeting with Speaker Nunez.

    Rep. Loretta Sanchez has quit the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, accusing the chairman, Rep. Joe Baca, of telling people she's a "whore."
    "I'm not going to be a part of the CHC as long as Mr. Baca illegally holds the chair … I told them no. There's a big rift here," Sanchez said. "You treat the women like shit. I have no use for him."

    "I told them to take me off the list, take me off the Web site, take me off everything," Sanchez said.
    She said she was surprised and insulted when she learned that Baca had made the disparaging personal comment about her to California Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez and other legislators last year.
    Nunez "is a friend of mine. Did he think he wouldn't tell me?" Sanchez asked.

Fortunately for us, two of the Baca sons were defeated in 2006. That's two down, one to go!

No comments: